Friday, June 3, 2011

Graduation

Today, 2 of our kids graduate Kindergarten.

Alexis and Walker.

It will be a wonderful event, with a program with them singing first, then they get their "diplomas". We will then sit down for lunch with them to celebrate the last day as Kindergarteners, before they become 1st Graders.

The interesting part? Andy will be there for the ceremony and the lunch. Along with his parents, from what Alexis has told me. I knew he would be there, and I'm willing to bet Jenny, his girlfriend, will be there also. I wasn't sure about his parents until Alexis mentioned it last night.

We will most likely all be sitting at the same lunch table, which may be a little uncomfortable, as I haven't seen or spoken with his mother in months, and I haven't seen or spoken with his dad in well over a year. Hmmm...

Kayla is sitting here anxious to get going, as am I. We don't leave for an hour though, so I figured I'd get on here quickly so you don't all think I fell off the face of the earth. Things have been busy around here.

Today is the last day of school, which means the summer schedule starts this week. This week was my first week of the summer schedule, so that means next week is Andy's first week, no kids here at the house for a full week. We will have all the kids at the same time, and then the following week with none.

It will be quiet, and disconcerting at the same time. I don't like when there are no kids here for that long, it saddens me. It's a nice break to get stuff done for the first day or so, then the quiet sets in and I get restless.

We will survive, but neither Corey nor I like the situation. *sigh* We gotta do what we gotta do.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Alexis & Walker! Can't wait to see the pictures. Just go to your happy place if you feel uncomfortable around the ex's. Remember, this is the kids day to celebrate and it's all about them. Focus on that and you'll be fine.

    I can totally relate to the "empty next" syndrome with the summer schedule. But I'm sure you will get into a routine quickly.

    ReplyDelete