Saturday, April 14, 2012

Today's the Day

As I sit here with my coffee and oatmeal, I ponder what the day will bring.

We will start out at a garage sale close to home, hoping to find some treasures like we found the other night at some.

That will lead to Jeremy and Amie's house to drop off Baily's dress that I hemmed up for her to see if it is what she wanted.

From there, we will head to the old homestead where I spent most of my life. Today is the day we clean out the garage so the new family living there can utilize it (or tear it down as it is falling apart), thus most likely finalizing my life there.

What will we find in the garage that won't make it to the giant dumpster my parents ordered? I know a few things, like hopefully some great Adirondack chairs I saw in the attic of it, and mayhap some clothing from when I was really little to hold on to (if the moths haven't gotten to them that is).

What we go through as we clean will be a gut-reaction "keep or throw" to the items we pull out of that dilapidated garage. Who knows, there might be some real finds hiding there.

No comments:

Post a Comment