Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tea & Tooth

Mmm... Chai Black Tea with honey.

Soothing and yummy.

Had a tooth pulled yesterday, and lemme tell ya, it was a big-ass tooth. A piece of it broke off on Friday (while eating a healthy granola bar, nonetheless) and was a PITA tooth to begin with, it had had tons of work done on it when I was younger, so I said it was time to go before it cost me more money to fix the break. It most likely would have broken more later, even with a crown, so it went buh-bye yesterday.

It hurt.

My Bug was with me though, and she held my hand like a good little girl and watched as the dentist took a pliers to my mouth and started pulling. She didn't make a sound, until I started sobbing from the pressure on my lips from being stretched, then she squeezed my hand and said "Mama, are you okay? It'll be over soon, it's okay Mommy. I'm right here." Too sweet!

Then she got to pick out a cute prize for me, a pink and purple stretchy plastic bracelet thing. It was sweet.

So now I'm sitting with a hole in my mouth that aches, waiting for the Ibuprofen to kick in, since the Vicodin they prescribed me doesn't do anything besides make me tired. Down the toilet it will go I guess. Stuff just doesn't work on me. Oh well, good thing I guess.

The tea is so soothing, the second-to-last bag of the Chai my Mama gave me months ago. Must savor it.

The remainder of the week looks massively busy at work, with Saturday being the day we clean out the garage in Martell. It will be a sad day, but a good day. Almost an end of an era, but not of the memories. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment